Many marketers are now racing towards Plan B in a world of change. We all had exciting events planned, product launches scheduled, face-to-face meetings set. A lot of time, energy, and heart have gone into building those plans, but life is going to happen. Now is the time when you really have two choices. You can be shocked, disappointed, and throw your hands up, or you can getup together and rally. Your team needs you more than ever, and so does your company. In that spirit, if you need them, here are some ideas. This isn’t the perfect list – so feel free to add your ideas to the comments:
1. Digital – Shift event expenses (if you can get them back) to digital programs that are meaningful. If your budget has been reduced, think about lowering your brand ad spending and focusing on CTA related ads. With any digital – evaluate if your message is right now. How can your business help to take into account the current environment?
2. Email – this is a great tactic – just make sure your tone is helpful and consultative. It’s important to ask, ‘How can I help?’ versus ‘Sign up for a demo.’
3. Webinars / virtual events – try virtual events and webinars instead of physical events. You’re going to need to keep in mind, a lot of people are going to do this – so think about what’s going to make your event stand out.
4. Content – People may be given more time to consume content. Can your team create more content in the form of blogs, videos, or eBooks? How can you engage your customer base online for companies that have had to close store fronts? It could be time to create a story or newsletter that is sent out weekly.
5. Partners – Get close to partners – how can teams come together to make a bigger impact with less? Would you like to develop a webinar series, training, videos?
6. Social – Is there a way you can make more use of social media in your business? Can someone help keep a conversation going with your brand while times are a bit uncertain?
7. Customers – Double down on the customer. They are the most important and most valuable part of your business. Ask them what they need, and how you can help them. Offer free training – maybe some of your SC’s are traveling less – that’s good for your customers.
8. Verticals – is there an industry that shines through where you could double – or could you benefit from your help?
9. Team Development – Can people on your team take advantage of this as an opportunity to learn new skills? I’m getting my event team to pick up the webinars and help the SDR team.
10. Take a breath and try to be positive with your teams. People deal with stress in different ways, be sensitive to it.
What are your thoughts, huh? My goal here is to help – I hope someone’s feeling stressed benefits. Hang in all of them!