Che Guevara recorded an interview on AIR with K.P. Bhanumathy in 1959.
- Indian State Broadcasting Corporation was renamed to All India Radio in 1936
- In 1947, the AIR network had only six stations Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Lucknow and Tiruchirappalli.
- The Indian Telegraph Act, 1883 is the enabling legislation which governs the use of wired and wireless telegraphy, telephones, teletype, radio communications and digital data communications. (Wiki)
- First controller of Broadcasting in India – Lionel Fielden – August 30, 1935
- First news bulletin broadcast – January 19, 1936
- The transmitter which was first used in India in 1924 by the Madras Presidency Radio Club.