Grounded in the hearts and minds of many Hindus is the perception that if you breathe your last in Kashi (Varanasi) you attain ‘Kashi Labh’ or ‘the fruit of Kashi’—moksh or “release from the cycle of rebirth impelled by the law of karma”.
Kashi Labh Mukti Bhawan, located in Varanasi was set up in 1908. It is a well-known guesthouse in the town and outside the house where people check in to die. Bhairav Nath Shukla has been connected with the Mukti Bhawan from the past 44 years, as a supervisor of the Bhawan. He has seen many individuals in the guesthouse who come in a hope to obtain peace in their final days of life.
He has observed 12,000 deaths in his encounter and gives you his life lessons from it.
1. Do not carry the baggage unnecessarily, drop it.
2. Simple life can be attained by spending less.
3. Focus on the good qualities of people and ignore the bad ones.
4. Help others, but have the courage to seek help from others.
5. Appreciate and find beauty in things.
6. Once you accept the truth, you become free to decide about it.