There are several steps to be taken In the direction of cooperation between India and Russia, In coming time these steps Could be a game changer for the country.
When Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be hosting Russian President Vladimir Putin in Goa. At that time, Several new agreements could be signed.
Russian President will be arriving today in Goa, The India-Russia Annual Summit on the sidelines of the BRICS summit will also to be held there.
Putin and Modi will hold talks before BRICS summit. First between the leaders of Russia and India is likely to interact in small format and later delegation level talks will be held. Hopefully, Russia and India are expected to sign 18 agreements.
Some of the important agreements and deals are:
- Triumph-400 missile defense system
- Miniature version of BrahMos: To strengthen security of LOC
- Rs 39,000cr deal will give India Russian missile shield
- Kamov helicopters: will replace the old Chetak and Cheetah
- Greater emphasis on diplomatic relations
- Cooperation in the nuclear field